Name:
Location: calgary, alberta, Canada

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Ate Turkey

it was thanks giving day yesterday~ Canadians ate turkey that day, but i don't know why. So would i get some turkey to eat? Actually i bought one... it's called "Breast Turkey". i think that can be simplly understand as the breast of turkey...Only meat could be found in that black plastic box, and it tasted softly. Happy Thanks Giving! i said to my roomate, who is a Chinese, but he only said "ah..." without looking up. what a sad atmosphere! We just had a Mid-Autumn Day 2 days before Thanks Giving Day without any mooncakes...so that i wish to do something to make us happy. However, my roomate do not care the festival of Westerns... what a big gap between culturals! Anyway, i finished my part of the turkey quickly and completely, and put my roomate's piece in a frigle because he said he was full because of the BBQ beef...
After that, i came back to my room and continued my boring life~

5 Comments:

Blogger Ms Tsang said...

Turkey breast is the white meat of the turkey. Yes, we do have turkey on Thanksgiving day, but we also celebrate with mashed potatoes, gravy, and stuffing. It is not the turkey that we celebrate, though. We take this holiday, and try to remember what we are thankful for, and what we should give thanks for. The food reminds us how lucky we are to have a roof over our heads and food in our tummies.

10:18 AM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

I'm sorry that your roomate wasn't very celebratory with you! I love thanksgiving because it's an excuse to eat lots of good food and spend time with my family or friends. It's too bad your roomate will not enjoy the Westren holidays as well as his own; it's just twice the amount of holidays you get to celebrate!

3:59 PM  
Blogger Uly said...

I thought Thanksgiving is in November... am I wrong??

7:16 AM  
Blogger Scott Douglas said...

If I were you, I wouldn't worry about your roommate. He sounds kind of depressing. How about taking part in activities with the International Students' Centre? http://www.ucalgary.ca/ISC/ They have all kinds of fun things going on. Are you a member of the Chinese students association? http://www.ucalgary.ca/~css/ They are having a party at the end of October . . . you should check it out!

7:36 AM  
Blogger chenzhenfei said...

That's terrific. You really had a happy Thanksgiving day.

3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home